state change?

Nicholas Paufler npaufler at incentre.net
Thu Sep 26 23:21:26 CEST 2002

I've got two questions about the trending tools and I can't seem to find
answers for them.

1) Is there any way to write out the current state such that in the case
where some hosts have never gone up/down they still show the real state
instead of undetermined in the trending tool? If I could manually tell it to
record the state all hosts/services are on command I could make sure the
graphs were always useful without needing to tell it to assume that the
initial state is up
2) The second question follows. If I can't do the above, is there a way to
make the default trend state "assume up" rather than undetermined?

Thanks again

Nicholas Paufler
Systems Administrator
The Internet Centre