feature requests?

Nicholas Paufler npaufler at incentre.net
Thu Sep 26 17:52:09 CEST 2002

Thanks Jeff, Andrew, and Ethan for the quick responses.

It's nice to see that option in there and certainly makes my life easier. I
hadn't noticed it since I assumed all possible config options were at least
mentioned in the sample files. A bad assumption, apparently. I'm going
through the full configuration docs right now and finding a few other
interesting things.

However I've got one other question related to cfg_dir.

I have noticed that if you define parent/child relationships that the parent
needs to be defined first otherwise Nagios will error on start. If you're
doing the cfg_dir thing is there any easy way to make sure parents are
always loaded before the children?
Or do you just need to be really careful and ensure that that when you do
cfg_dir and cfg_file declarations that you always define the parents first?

Nicholas Paufler
Systems Administrator
The Internet Centre