3D Mapping woes

Scott Gwartney gwartney at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 22:37:13 CEST 2002

I'm stumped! I'm having considerable trouble trying to manualy map 3D
objects! I've specified "default_statuswrl_layout=0" in cgi.cfg, and in my
hostextinfo.cfg I have the following:

define hostextinfo {
	host_name       Router
	notes_url	http://host.url
	icon_image      router40.png
	icon_image_alt	Router
	vrml_image      router40.png
        statusmap_image router40.png
	gd2_image	router40.gd2
#	2d_coords	100,10
	3d_coords	100.0,50.0,2.0
            }

(I have about 7 similar entries with different .png/2d/3d etc..)

However, when I check the "3-D Status Map" in Nagios the page displays "You
have not supplied any 3-D drawing coordinates. Read the FAQs for more
information on doing this".

If I used the above configuration in my hostextinfo.cfg with
"default_statuswrl_layout=0" in the cgi.cfg, it reads the "z_3d"
coordinates, but not the x and y...

I'm sure it's a simple oversight, but I'm confounded!

TIA

--Scott

p.s. my icons in the 3-D map are overlaid by green cubes; if anyone has an
idea on how to get rid of that, I'm all ears!