Disk Usage Counter

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Sep 25 21:55:59 CEST 2002

Hi there,

I am using the Disk Usage counter on three machines: the first two are Red
Hat 7.3 machines. The first is running on three disks that are configured
via a hard disk array. The file name for the array disk is /dev/sda while
the second machine is on a single hard drive and its filename is /dev/hda1.
The third machine an HP-UX 10.20 workstation, and its disk file name is
/dev/vg00. When the counters are displayed on the web page, the diskarray
machine has an unknown status and does not show any disk usage while the the
other two machines show a disk usage of 87024kB (90%) free. I have checked
the filesystems on both of these machines, and have confirmed that readout
is inaccurate. Is there an additional setting that I need to configure?