[Nagiosplug-devel] RE: performance data from p lugins - does it exist?

atonns at mail.ivillage.com atonns at mail.ivillage.com
Wed Sep 25 16:56:00 CEST 2002

> From a diskio perspective, I would like to minimize or coordinate diskio
> as much as possible for the perfdata - does this mean that nagios core
> would have to support aggregate perfdata in addition to aggregate status?

my gut feel on this is to let the open source model work in your favor. it
looks like the general populace hasn't moaned or groaned about the fact that
performance data is missing. however, there are a few that would like to
have the perf data (and generally know what they want to do with it). i
think that once the data is provided with the plugins, a few methods for
rationally collecting / displaying this data will arise. the core developers
can take the one that fits best with the nagios core and integrate it later.
or possibly keep it managed as a "key addon" like nrpe is right now.

--
"Computer science is as much about computers as
        astronomy is about telescopes" -- Edsger Dijkstra
Anthony Tonns, UNIX Administrator - atonns at mail.ivillage.com