Configuring the External Command Interface

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Sep 24 18:19:07 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am attempting to configure the External Command Interface in order to enable
checks of all services on a particular host. I clicked on the appropriate link
on the webpage and made sure to check the Enable For Host Too option on the next
page. When I clicked on Commit the following message appeared:

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN COMMAND FILE '/USR/LOCAL/NAGIOS/VAR/RW/NAGIOS.CMD' FOR
UPDATE!
THE PERMISSIONS ON THE EXTERNAL COMMAND FILE AND/OR DIRECTORY MAY BE INCORRECT.

I checked the rw directory and the permissions are
						drwxrwsr-x 2 nagios:nagios
while those for the file itself are
						prw-rw---    1 nagios:nagios

The size of the file is 0 bytes.

What permissions are necessary for me to continue? Thanks.