Icons on Status MapI

Jeff Verheyen jeff.verheyen at ampersant.be
Tue Sep 24 09:43:59 CEST 2002

I installed Nagios 1.0b6 on two RH 7.3 servers last week using the rpm's
at:
ftp://development.origix.net/pub/RPMS/

Just had to edit the xedtemplate_config_file parameter in cgi.cfg and to
edit the hostextinfo file.

My configs:

# grep xedtemplate cgi.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg

# cat hostextinfo.cfg
define hostextinfo{
	host_name	picard
	icon_image	my_pc.png
	icon_image_alt	Workstation Jeff
	statusmap_image	my_pc.gd2
	}

Anyway, I think the rpm's are ok...

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 05:00, Tom Hutchison wrote:
> Dear Nagios-listers,
>
> I installed Nagios 1.0b6 yesterday from RPMs on my RH 7.3 server.  Everything
> works great except the "pretty" icons on the Status Map.  I installed the "base"
> icons to /usr/share/nagios/images/logos/ same rights as the existing icons.
> Configured /etc/nagios/cgi.cfg with
> "xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostexinfo.cfg"  Created a hostexinfo.cfg
> file in /etc/nagios/.  Sample below:
>
> define hostextinfo {
>          host_name       mail
>          icon_image      novell40.png
>          icon_image_alt  GroupWise E-mail Server
>          statusmap_image novell40.gd2
>          }
>
> Tried both novell40.png and novell40.gif.  Checked the cgi.cfg for "hostextinfo"
> directives, none found.  No errors show up in the Apache HTTD log files.
>
> After about 3 hours of head banging and reading past posts to this list I am
> stumped!  The only thing left is the " --with-template-extinfo " option to the
> configure script.  Does anyone know if the RPMS were configured with "
> --with-template-extinfo " option?
>
> Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> Tom Hutchison
> Network Analyst
> UMESD

Ampersant bvba - Jeff Verheyen
 Dr. Jacobsstraat 3 - 2570 DUFFEL - Belgium
 Tel: +32 15 32 36 19 - Fax: +32 15 32 37 90
 Email: jeff.verheyen at ampersant.be
 Website: http://www.ampersant.be/