Looked, and Looked ,and a gallon of rum and i still don't know... ..

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Mon Sep 23 15:05:02 CEST 2002

Try:

Stopping nagios if you managed to get it started (i'm guessing not);
if it exists, rm nagios.cmd
start nagios using /path-to-nagios/bin/nagios
/path-to-nagios/etc/nagios.cfg;
stop nagios using favourite method;
start nagios using /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios start

hth,
dean

p.s. there should be more in the archives.  i have seen this a couple times
over the last few months.