install help

Bryan Irvine bryan at integrity.com
Thu Sep 19 05:48:42 CEST 2002

I'm trying to install nagios. I've gotten as far as testing the web
interface (after setting up apache and the htaccess file and creating a
passwrod, and restarting the whole machine

(i like to do a restart just to make sure configs are going to work if
the power goes out, ive had changes that were done months before come
out when a restart happened)

i get a
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi on this
server.

Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26 Server at 192.233.100.178 Port 80
the documentation says the cgi's should be blank until i've added
hosts...
anyone know what's going on here?