checking Win2k file shares

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Fri Sep 20 09:33:44 CEST 2002

Hi all,
I was wondering what mechanisms people out there may have implemented to
check the existence of file shares on win2k servers?
I want to check that the share is still available from our Lab servers.
This directory is the same across 10 servers, with the same access permissions.
It's a logon directory, accessible from the lab machines with the default
logon user, which doesn't have a password (we use a secondary mechanism for
allowing access, not NT authentication.)

I'm having a play with smbclient, but can't seem to connect to the share
from my nagios server.

How could I check for the existence of this share?

TIA,

Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer
Student Support and Systems
Teaching and Learning Support Systems, QUT
Kelvin Grove Campus, CRICOS No 00213J

Ph: 07 3864 8276 Fax: 07 3864 5425
Mob: 0416 001 674 SD: x6147