Checking for cron

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Thu Sep 19 16:33:21 CEST 2002

Well, if you have apache running on the Raqs, a quick and dirty (very
dirty) solution would be to write a 10 liner cgi to simply do a 'ps -ef
| grep crond | grep -v grep' and output that as HTML. The check command
you would use in Nagios would be something like:

# 'check_remote_crond' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_remote_crond
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -u http://
$HOSTADDRESS$/croncheck.cgi -s crond