SAMBA messages and Nagios

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Thu Sep 19 05:49:18 CEST 2002

Hi all,
I'm looking at sending winpopup messages to my admin group when a critical
failure occurs, and i've found that 'net send' under windows has the
ability to send to a user on that domain. The message will appear on that
users' desktop irrespective of which PC they are logged in at. This ability
is missing in my version of Samba (and doesn't appear to be implemented in
newer versions of Samba) and I was wondering if someone knows of a method
of doing this under Linux? (without the terminal connection to a DC &
sending the message that way :)

Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer
Student Support and Systems
Teaching and Learning Support Systems, QUT
Kelvin Grove Campus, CRICOS No 00213J

Ph: 07 3864 8276 Fax: 07 3864 5425
Mob: 0416 001 674 SD: x6147