Bug? Was: "Re: cgi.cfg & logo problem"

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Sep 19 01:27:12 CEST 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Danny Shurett wrote:

> Found this and it solved my problem:

>  > in cgi.cfg, i removed all references to
>  >
>  >     hostextinfo[whatever]=......
>  >
>  > and added:
>  >
>  >     xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
>  >
>  > then in that file specified above, i added my host extended info details:
>  >
>  >     define hostextinfo {
>  >             host_name       host1
>  >             icon_image      workstation.png
>  >             statusmap_image workstation.png
>  >             }
>  >
>  >     <etc>
>  >
>  > BTW i couldnt get GIFs or JPGs to work with this (1.03b), only PNG files.

I too had been wrestling with this, and it fixed my installation.

HOWEVER:  Something that might be noted for the next release, is
the following:

I accidentally added the "xedtemplate_config_file=" line to the
nagios.cfg file (brainfart).  It did not complain when I did a
preflight check, but it also did not work.  It _does_ work when
that line is added to cgi.cfg.

I personally would consider this a minor bug - if it's not going
to work in nagios.cfg, I think it would be useful to complain
about it during preflight check.  It would have saved me a few
minutes of head-scratching, anyway.  :)

If the developers don't see things this way, that's fine too.
I have no right to "demand" anything.  :)

Benny