check_http problem

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Sep 18 00:34:50 CEST 2002

Strictly speaking, the test didn't fail.  It only gave you a warning, based
on the 403 error.  As far as check_http is concerned, your server is up;
it's just not too happy about the 403.  I'm curious, did it not specify a
response time?

What happens when you use a web browser (or even use 'links', if you're on
Linux or some other o/s which has it installed) and use "http://server/" as
the URL?  Is it successful?

Is it possible to test for a URL which is known to succeed?  For example:

  ./check_http server /some/place/index.html

Food for thought.

jc