Libraries needed

sgarcia at bak.rr.com sgarcia at bak.rr.com
Sun Sep 15 16:05:22 CEST 2002

In <20020913173233.31716.qmail at web13005.mail.yahoo.com>, on
09/13/2002 at 09:32 AM,
   jo smith <joblow7777 at yahoo.com> said:

>According to the FAQs, to compile nagios and get the
>graphics to display properly (at least with the
>statusmap), you need the following things installed:

>libgd
>libgd-devel
>libpng
>libpng-devel
>libjpeg
>libjpeg-devel
>zlib
>zlib-devel

>I've been able to find libgd, libpng, libjpeg, and
>zlib, but where are the development libraries?
>Specifically, I'm looking for the ones for Solaris for
>SPARC.  Thanks!

That's an artifact of how RedHat packages its libraries.  For some reason,
they separate out the libraries necessary to run applications from those
necessary to compile against them.  The end user only has to install  the
"normal libraries if he doesn't instend to be building anything from
source.

If you build the libraries from source you don't have to worry, you'll get
the whole deal.

Steve Garcia   using MR/2 ICE #10133 with Warp 4
sgarcia at bak.rr.com
For PGP key, send mail to sgarcia at bak.rr.com with subject "PGP key"
The Operating System/2 Version is 4.50
Revision 14.062
There are 40 Processes with 143 Threads.
GHARLANE: uptime is 8 days, 23:12 hours and 50 seconds

*  They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin