performance data from plugins - does it exist?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Sat Sep 14 04:36:48 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 22:23, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 16:43, Jeremy Tinley wrote:
> > IIRC, you return metrics with the variable=value,variable=value format.
> > Why not get all the data that the plugin returns and let the user do
> > what they want?
> >
> > For HTTP...
> > dns_time=2,conn_time=4,fb=2,cont_dl=... etc.
>
> These are not currently tracked separately. The could be, but I'd like
> to get basic performance stuff in, do some bug squashing, and make a
> formal release. It just doesn't make sense to delay a formal release for
> these (IMHO).

I also just commited check_tcp.

And it's a little know fact that checp_tcp includes the code for
check_ftp, check_imap, check_simap, check_pop, check_nntp, and
check_smtp. So if you symlink to check_tcp under those names, there is
now a fairly large set of plugins that will return performance data for
time.

--
Karl