check_ldap strangeness

Jamin jragle at unm.edu
Sat Sep 14 00:04:48 CEST 2002

I am running check_ldap (nagios-plugins 1.3.0-alpha1) version 1.1.1.1 and
am getting some strange behavior.

If someone else who is running ldap server let me know if their plugin is
working, that would be great.  It seems to me that the $HOSTADDRESS$
variable is not being transfered to nagios correctly.

# 'check_ldap' command definition
define command{
        command_name check_ldap
        command_line $USER1$/check_ldap -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 389 -b "o=Acme Industries, c=us" -w 5 -c 120
}

If I replace the $HOSTADDRESS$ variable with a real IP, the plugin works
fine.  If I keep it the same, the IP is not passed correctly when it gets
executed and reports an error saying it could not connect to port 389.

If you are wondering, the host ip is correct becuase the oter services on
the host report back fine too.

-Jamin