Install Problem

Rusch, Daniel Daniel.Rusch at GlobalCrossing.com
Fri Sep 13 16:20:43 CEST 2002

FYI, I'm running Apache 2.0.39

No problems

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Demetri Mouratis [mailto:dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 8:38 AM
To: John W Cunningham
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Install Problem

First idea is to back off to Apache 1.3.x.  I don't know whether anyone
has Nagios running under 2.0 so I wouldn't recommend a first-timer go that
route.

Secondly, you need to do the pre-flight check of Nagios to make sure your
configuration is correct.  Something like /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg.  It's in the documentation.

Most likely, you haven't modified your configuration files at all from the
sample ones that were put there bu make install-config.

Look at /usr/local/nagios/etc and see if you still have -sample after each
of the config files.

HTH.
On 13 Sep 2002, John W Cunningham wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm a first-time user of Nagios, just evaluating a couple of potential
> monitoring solutions for a new rack setup.
>
> After running a standard install on a RH 7.3 machine with Apache 2.0.40
> installed, and editing the base configuration files (mostly just
> hosts.conf) I am unable to get anywhere in the web interface.  I get an
> error telling me that the service may not be running.
>
> So I ran ./nagios status from the /etc/inetd.d/ directory and recieved
> the following message:
>
> nagios dead but subsys locked
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks,