Install Problem

John W Cunningham John at pickaprof.com
Fri Sep 13 15:28:39 CEST 2002

Hello all,

I'm a first-time user of Nagios, just evaluating a couple of potential
monitoring solutions for a new rack setup.

After running a standard install on a RH 7.3 machine with Apache 2.0.40
installed, and editing the base configuration files (mostly just
hosts.conf) I am unable to get anywhere in the web interface.  I get an
error telling me that the service may not be running.

So I ran ./nagios status from the /etc/inetd.d/ directory and recieved
the following message:

nagios dead but subsys locked

Any ideas?

Thanks,