[nagios-usrs] check_ldap plugin wierdness

Jamin jragle at unm.edu
Thu Sep 12 19:54:45 CEST 2002

Has anyone else had problems when running the check_ldap monitor in
nagios?

It reports back a critical in that it can't connect to the ldap
port.  I run the command by hand from the prompt and it executes
correctly with a "LDAP ok - 0 seconds response time", but in nagios it
barfs.

Let me know if you see anything wrong here.

# 'check_ldap' command definition
define command{
        command_name check_ldap
        command_line $USER1$/check_ldap -H $HOSTADDRESS -b "o=University, \
        c=us" -p 389 -w 5 -c 120
}

# Service definition 'ldap'
define service{
        host_name                       ldap_host
        service_description             ldap
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_ldap
        }

Thanks, -Jamin