performance data from plugins - does it exist?

Paulo Pinto pspa at gp.novis.pt
Thu Sep 12 12:29:33 CEST 2002

Hi all.

The $PERFDATA$ macro contains everything that the plugin returns after a "|" (pipe) char.

At the moment, the plugins don't have that 'feature' implemented, but with a little code-hammering it's a no-brainer to achieve :)

Take, for example, check_http.c:

on line 836, you have:
                        printf
                                ("HTTP ok: %s - %d second response time %s%s",
                                 status_line,

If you change this to:

                        printf
                                ("HTTP ok: %s - %d second response time %s%s|http=%d",
                                 status_line,

and recompile ( "make" will do the trick ), you'll have "http=time" on the $PERFDATA$ macro everytime you use check_http.

BTW, on check_http.c, you have to change lines 799, 807, 820, 837 and 860. On other plugins, you'll have to search ... :-)

Hope this helps ...

Hugz,

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:45:42AM +0200, Thomas wrote:
> Karl DeBisschop wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 12:33, Thomas wrote:
> >

> >>Héhé,
> >>
> >>I need exactly the same things ;)
> >>We can reformulate the question to:
> >>
> >><< What's the solution to graph performance data (cpu, http, ftp, mysql
> >>cnx, etc) >>
> >>
> >>For example, it's very interesting to see the cpu load rising in a time
> >>period (like a month, etc)
> >>
> >>thanks
> >>Thomas

> >The only patches I ever got for performance data were for a previous
> >version. I never had the time to prot them forward to the CVS tree at
> >that time.
> >
> >If anyone makes patches relative to the current nagiosplug CVS tree, and
> >make sure only the perf data part is patched, we could get it in fairly
> >quickly. Otherwise, its just a question of when we can get to it. It's
> >pretty high on my priority list, but my job and my family are higher.
> >
> >--
> >Karl
> >

> Hi Karl,
>
> You said a "patch" for nagios_plugins or for the nagios motor ?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Paulo Pinto
Novis GSP