performance data from plugins - does it exist?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Sep 12 04:20:10 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 12:33, Thomas wrote:
> Héhé,
>
> I need exactly the same things ;)
> We can reformulate the question to:
>
> << What's the solution to graph performance data (cpu, http, ftp, mysql
> cnx, etc) >>
>
> For example, it's very interesting to see the cpu load rising in a time
> period (like a month, etc)
>
> thanks
> Thomas
>

> atonns at mail.ivillage.com wrote:
>
> > I've noticed that none of the plugins that I'm interested in using
> > (http, ftp, dns, etc.) do not have any options to return performance
> > data. I'd like to be able to collect performance data for graphing and
> > analyzing trends, service peaks, etc., but I can't find it in the plugins.
> >
> > Are there configuration directives other than
> > process_performance_data, host_perfdata_command and
> > service_perfdata_command that I'm missing?
> >
> > Finally, if someone HAS created custom plugins that make use these
> > directives (or other methods for collecting performance data) can you
> > share them?

The only patches I ever got for performance data were for a previous
version. I never had the time to prot them forward to the CVS tree at
that time.

If anyone makes patches relative to the current nagiosplug CVS tree, and
make sure only the perf data part is patched, we could get it in fairly
quickly. Otherwise, its just a question of when we can get to it. It's
pretty high on my priority list, but my job and my family are higher.

--
Karl