Any experiences with check_udp

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Wed Sep 11 17:18:51 CEST 2002

Yes.  Citrix MetaFrame uses ports 1604 and 1494, one of them being TCP and
the other UDP, though I forget which is which...

> it seems that Terminal server uses TCP/3389
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q150543&
>
> christophe
>
> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:05:00 +0200
> "ZIEGENBEIN, Kurt" <kurt.ziegenbein at saarstahl.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I've some kind of trouble with the check_udp plugin. I want to check
> > a W2k-Terminalserver (1604/UDP), but it seems that the way I use the
> > plugin isn't correct.
> >
> > I made the following tests with the "well-known-port" 53 (DNS), so that
> > I can be sure that there is nothing special with w2k.
> >
> > The command (direct from shell) "check_udp <ip> -p 54" exits directly
> > with "No response from host on port 54". Thats ok, because there is nothing
> > listening.
> >
> > The command "check_udp <ip> -p 53" waits for the timeout (10 sec) and then
> > exits with "No data was recieved from host! No response from host on port
> > 53"
> >
> > Where is the problem?
> >
> > Since the code for check_udp didn't change in the past half year, I don't
> > expect bugs there...
> >
> > Kurt

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

  From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
    "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

  "I have great faith in fools:
     Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe