NSClient - and args with spaces

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Wed Sep 11 08:53:21 CEST 2002

Read the Readme File...

Services states

Syntax: check_nt -H <hostname> -p <port> -v SERVICESTATE [-d SHOWALL]

     <service> should be the real name of the service, not the
displayed name. You can find this information when going to the
registry for the corresponding
     service : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

     or use the free utility: 'Service Manager NT' :
http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/~fsch/english/nttols.htm
     -d SHOWALL can be specified if you want to see all tested
services including started ones.

You can specify serveral services in one request. NO BLANK SHOULD
APPEAR IN THE LIST !

If not all services are running, you get the faulty one(s) and a
critical state.

Example:
./check_nt -H 192.168.1.1 -p 1248 -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l
LanmanServer,Schedule