Any experiences with check_udp

ZIEGENBEIN, Kurt kurt.ziegenbein at saarstahl.de
Tue Sep 10 17:05:00 CEST 2002

Hi all!

I've some kind of trouble with the check_udp plugin. I want to check
a W2k-Terminalserver (1604/UDP), but it seems that the way I use the
plugin isn't correct.

I made the following tests with the "well-known-port" 53 (DNS), so that
I can be sure that there is nothing special with w2k.

The command (direct from shell) "check_udp <ip> -p 54" exits directly
with "No response from host on port 54". Thats ok, because there is nothing
listening.

The command "check_udp <ip> -p 53" waits for the timeout (10 sec) and then
exits with "No data was recieved from host! No response from host on port
53"

Where is the problem?

Since the code for check_udp didn't change in the past half year, I don't
expect bugs there...

Kurt