HELP, In need of a script

Wilcox, Chris wilcoxc at troycorp.com
Tue Sep 10 16:54:13 CEST 2002

Does anyone have a script that I could modify that kind of does the
following......

(Think MRTG and Nagios here)

When using check_mrtg on a particular circuit it returns a value...say 100.

The script would do the following.

It would take the output of the check_mrtg plugin and if this value is
greater than 100 it would run tcpdump (dumping output to a file) for 15
minutes and then stop.

How does Nagios run external script files based on output from a plugin, is
there a direct call somewhere?

Any help or scripts can be emailed to me directly if you don't mind giving
me your hard earned scripting.  I'm new at this and my VP said that I have
to have it working by COB Monday.

Thanks in Advance for any info.

Chris.