Error: Could not stat() command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'

Freddy Frouin freddy.frouin at fluxus.net
Tue Sep 10 11:06:31 CEST 2002

Do the access rights be ok on:
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/local/nagios
/usr/local/nagios/var
/usr/local/nagios/var/rw
to allow the web user to enter in this directory architecture ?

[I've done a test on my linux, it could be the reason why the web user
could'nt access to the file if one of the directory do not allow him
to entered in it, even if the file has the good rights...]

Freddy.

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:55:47 +0200
"Bart Molendijk" <bartm at q-go.com> wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> when i try to reschedule a sevice check i get the message:
>
> "Error: Could not stat() command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'!
>
> The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running, and/or
> Nagios may not be checking external commands.
>
> An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing."
>
> I have nagios running & gave the /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd the
> right permissions & made a group nagios.cmd to wich i added users
> nobody,appache  and nagios, as described in the documentation. everything is
> running propperly only this is a problem.
>
> Tanx for the help

Freddy Frouin
Responsable Supervision
Fluxus - British Telecom