Nagat Question

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Mon Sep 9 23:44:58 CEST 2002

I know this really isn't the place for Nagat questions, but I posted in
the Forums quite a long time ago, and have still seen no response... I
know the maintainer for Nagat has been on the list in the past, so I'm
hoping he's still here...

Here's what I posted:

Hi,

There is what appears to be a bug in Nagat, in that it doesn't read my
configuration files, which I specify with cfg_dir.

My nagios.cfg config file looks like this:

cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/configs
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/configs/networking
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/configs/labs
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/configs/micro
cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/configs/systems

I do not have any cfg_file declerations, because I do everything under
/etc/configs, and there are too many files to use cfg_file for.

This is because we have many groups that have different types of
configurations (as you can see).

Nagat properly reads my nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg files, and it lists the
options that I have specified for them, but it tells me that I do not
have any hosts... and I think it's because I use cfg_dir and not
cfg_file.

Unfortunately, this makes it impossible for me to use Nagat at this
time.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this indeed a bug?

Thanks,

- Terry