Plug-in problem

jo smith joblow7777 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 16:44:11 CEST 2002

I'm a little confused as to how the plugins work.

  I have these lines in the hosts.cfg file on the
nagios host:

        check_command           check_load
        check_command           check_disk1
        check_command           check_disk2
        check_command           check_disk3
        check_command           check_disk4
        check_command           check_zombie_procs
        check_command           check_total_procs

I can run these programs on the command line on the
nagios host:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe remote_host -c
check_disk1
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe remote_host -c
check_disk2
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe remote_host -c
check_disk3
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe remote_host -c
check_disk4
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe remote_host -c
check_zombie_procs
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe remote_host -c
check_total_procs

and the commands return the correct information.  I
also have these lines in the nagios client nrpe.cfg
file:

command[check_users]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users
5 10
command[check_load]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_load
5 10 15 20 25 30
command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk
80 95 /rootvol
command[check_disk2]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk
80 95 /usr
command[check_disk3]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk
80 95 /var
command[check_disk4]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk
80 95 /sysadmin
command[check_zombie_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs
5 10 Z
command[check_total_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs
150 200

So far everything is cool.

However, when I try to start nagios, the pre-flight
checklist gives me an error like this:

nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 1.0b5
Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Ethan Galstad
(nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 08-12-2002
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
        Checked 19 services.
Checking hosts...
Error: Host check command 'check_total_procs'
specified for host 'host' is not defined anywhere!

I'm not sure how to define these commands in the
checkcommands.cfg file (or if I'm missing anything
else, please let me know).  Please help.