Installation with MySql

Nathan Hill cmsu_tech2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 15:37:08 CEST 2002

I am a newbie to nagios and need some assistance.  I
am getting ready to install nagios.  I would like to
install with PostgreSQL database support.  I read
through the documents on getting this done.  It
specifies what table names should be and what
permissions to set, but says nothing about what field
names,types,lengths should be.  Do I need to know this
or will nagios create the fields for me?

On the same note, has anyone made any mods/patches to
store some of the object configuration files in the
database?

Thanks!

Nathan Hill