Whats wrong with hostextinfo!!

Fredrik Wänglund Fredrik.Wanglund at datavis.se
Fri Sep 6 09:03:01 CEST 2002

I can't get hostextinfo to work. I am using template-based configuration and my cgi.cfg has the following line

xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/xedtemplate.cfg

the file xedtemplate.cfg looks like this:

define hoststextinfo{
host_name               sheriff
notes_url               http://localhost.com/info
icon_image              linux40.png
icon_image_alt          Mandrake-8.2
vrml_image              linux40.png
statusmap_image         linux40.gd2
2d_coords               100,250
3d_coords               100.0,50.0,75.0
}

define serviceextinfo{
host_name               sheriff
service_description     Ftp
notes_url               http://localhost.com/info
icon_image              sun40.png
icon_image_alt          Security-Related Alerts
}

When I look at the service, a SUN-logo and an icon with a link to the notes_url is shown. But when I look at the host nothing of my ext-info is shown, neither in the host-details nor in the status-map. Why?
The logos are in /usr/local/nagios/share/logos and everyone have read-access.

/FredrikW