Changing Notification Periods

Rusch, Daniel Daniel.Rusch at GlobalCrossing.com
Thu Sep 5 23:50:24 CEST 2002

All,

How do you handle hosts that the weekly scheduled downtime keeps changing.
For example, I have a system call it Homer that normal goes down for
database backup etc. On Sunday morning at 3 am to 4 am.  But about twice a
month or so they want to change the time to something else (say 4 am to 5
am).  How do you handle this.  I currently as a admin go in and hand edit
the cfg file. It's no big deal for one server but do it for 50, agh...  Is
the a way to allow a "special trusted user" to change this time through the
nagios interface?

Thanks,

Dan