check_disk_smb problems

Chris Ditri chrisd at better-investing.org
Thu Sep 5 22:46:05 CEST 2002

Hello,

I am trying to move from netsaint to nagios.  I have a few hosts up and
configured.  So far everything is great, except this one issue.

The services I monitor through check_disk_smb do not seem to work.  They
always yeild this in the service detail: "Result from smbclient not
suitable".  When I issue the command from the command line, I get the same
thing:

# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk_smb -H SERVER -s /home -u USERNAME -p
PASSWD -W OURDOMAIN
Result from smbclient not suitable

I had some other problems I will include at the bottom of this email for those
who search through the list database for help in the future.

I am using nagiosplug-1.3-beta1, nagios-1.0b5 on a RedHat 7.3 system.  The
monitored system is a redhat 6.2 system with samba 2.0.7 running on it.

Thank you for your help.

Chris

------------------------
Just FYI:

At first, I had this problem when I executed it from the command line:
	# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk_smb -H SERVER -s /home -u USERNAME -p
PASSWD -W MYDOMAIN
	Can't exec "//SERVER/home": No such file or directory at
	/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk_smb line 103.
	Use of uninitialized value in split at
	/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk_smb line 113.
	Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
	/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk_smb line 121.
	Result from smbclient not suitable

I found out later that is because it appears that you need to have smbstatus
on your system *before* you compile the addons.  If you get this, I would
suggest grabbing the samba packages (common and utils at least) install them,
then untar, configure and compile the plugins again from scratch.