smtp service monitoring won't work

bernie liwanag bliwanag at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 5 10:09:10 CEST 2002

Good day! I have installed nagios-1.0b5 in my test
server and it seems it is working. However i haven't
check all the services that is running on our servers.
I have only checked dns,ping,ssh,http services and it
looks its working but nagios gives me "critical
result" on the status in the web site link using the
check_smtp script to check my email server smtp
service. But when I manually run the ./check_smtp -H
<ip addr> it gives me an OK result. What seems to be
problem on this?

In addtion to nagios.Is there a way I can produce or
print the daily, weekly, monthly report on the
statistic results of nagios?

Thank you very much and hoping for your response!

Bernie Liwanag