Monitoring Interfaces with Nagios

rpatl at gmx.at rpatl at gmx.at
Thu Sep 5 08:29:30 CEST 2002

Hi

I am using Nagios since 2 weeks and I am satisfied with the results.
But I have one question left.
Is there any possibility to monitor, for example the PORTs of a switch or a
router with Nagios?
I only need the Status of the different Ports, so that it is possible to
say: Port 6 of the HPswitch2524 is down since ....(or Port 6 is unused
since....)
If it isn't possible, i would be deeply grateful if somebody could give me a
tip or a link to such an application. Otherwise i have to find a way to
implement it.

thanx

Patrick

ps: On this way I like to thank all users and writers of this mailinglist
for the good postings. I have read a lot of them and they have helped me.

http://www.gmx.net