Nagios with HP-UX 11.0

Jose L. Marcos jose-louis.marcos at cnes.fr
Wed Sep 4 09:18:25 CEST 2002

Michael Jakscht wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have one question: I want to monitor a HP-Unix 11.0
> machine with Nagios or let's say the plugin which can
> do this for me.
> Is there a chance that nrpe can do this?
> I have the nrpe installed on several linux-servers and
> it works great.
> What do I need to get nrpe (if this is the right one) compiled
> on the HP-UX ?
>
> Please would anyone be so kind and help me out here?

Hi,

I mainly monitor HP-UX boxes (HP-UX 11.0) at our site. For each box I
"active_check" file systems through a contrib plugin : check_hprsc. To
use this one, you don't need anything to be installed on the HP-UX box
(it's based on snmpget).

I also use NSCA to monitor Performance (MWA) : I modified
/var/opt/perf/alarmdef to "send_nsca" back to Nagios any alarm on CPU
and Network Bottleneck.

And finaly, I also handle EMS Hardware Monitor Notifications back to
Nagios : basicaly, every EMS Notification >= MAJORWARNING are sent to a
mail alias with a Perl script thats "send_nsca" back to Nagios any
Major, Seriour or Critical state.

NSCA compiles fine on a HP-UX box (I use version 2.1).

Hope this help

--
	Jose Luis

    Y no llegaste a quererme, y eran mis cinco sentidos
     Y no llegaste a quererme, y que desgraciaito he sido
      Y que ha tenido que aborrecerte tanto como te ha querido (Camaron)