Is this possible?

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Tue Sep 3 16:35:17 CEST 2002

> > script.  I'd like to feed the information from the script
> > into nagios.cmd.
> >
> > Can this be done???
>
> Yes, take a look at NSCA (Nagios Service Check Acceptor). You find it under
> Addons on the Nagios download page.

Perhaps I haven't made myself clear.  I know all about NSCA, and I know
all about being able to write commands to the external command file.  What
I need to know is whether there is a distinction between host-checking
commands and service-checking commands when writing to the command file
with a "PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT" command.

It seems to work for individual services, but I want to UP/DOWN the remote
_HOST_ rather than each of its services individually, from a script that
runs on the monitoring host.

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

  From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
    "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

  "I have great faith in fools:
     Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe