3d status map name expected error.

Davide Depaoli davide.depaoli at labinf.it
Tue Sep 3 12:54:42 CEST 2002

Hi to all,
I have the same identical problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Bishop,
Dean
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 3:30 PM
To: 'nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Nagios-users] 3d status map name expected error.

Good morning,

  k so the 3d status map is a frill but it is still irritating me that it
doesn't work for me.

  if i strip down my hosts, hostgroups, and services so that i have only one
entry (snippets below)
my 3d status map works.  However, when i use my proper configs which include
about 1100 hosts, i get the following error from cortona:

name expected
File: http://10.1.4.19/nagios/cgi-bin/statuswrl.cgi?host=all
Line: 34370
Column: 24

What is this telling me?  i don't have anything with 34000 lines in it.  I
read in a previous post that a dot caused a similar problem.  i don't have
any dots.  i have a bunch of hyphens and underscores.  The only other thing
i can think of is the length of the device name, which in some cases is 47
characters long (e.g. Our-Lady-of-Perpetual-Help-0239-Bell-Switch)

i'm not anxious to start half splitting my config files (trying to remove
the entry causing the error).

thanks in advance,
dean

hosts.cfg snippet:

define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               CEC-BellCAT5000
        alias                   BellCAT5000
        address                 10.1.0.19
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      5
        notification_interval   45
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,r