check_http

Chris Quinn cquinn at excitenetwork.com
Thu Oct 31 00:15:41 CET 2002

I am wondering if there is a way for Nagios to monitor if redirects are
working ok, and if the http request fails it will tell you that apache is
running *but* the redirect failed when trying to retrieve data from a third
party and give you the url where it failed? We currently have a homemade
monitoring systems that does just this and I either have to incorporate that
into Nagios or have its own plugins do the work for me....If I have to use
homemade scripts, does anyone know of a plugin that can read mail coming
into outlook and place it into nagios's cgi's? The emails have jsp requests
and html requests that Nagios's one line limitation would not understand.
Ex: email comes in
Subject: Critical: Webmail monitor failed
mail1=url.of/request - http://and.where.it/failed
mail2=url.of/request
mail3=url.of/request

I don't think this is possible with Nagios but its worth a shot:-/