Comments in Nagios

Nolan Martin Nolan.Martin at co.travis.tx.us
Tue Oct 29 16:06:59 CET 2002

The check_external_commands parameter (in nagios.cfg) must be set to 1
(enabled).  It is set to 0 (disabled) by default.

Additionally, you will need to enable and use CGI authentication (if
not already), otherwise Nagios will warn you that what you are trying to
do is a bad idea, and will not (by default) let you actually run the
commands.

Nolan

>>> Jan-Hendrik Palic <jhp at addix.net> 10/29/02 05:31AM >>>
Hi ..

I am fighting with comments in the current nagios release.

If I try to set one comment to a host, I got this:

	Sorry, but Nagios is currently not checking for external
	commands, so	your command will not be committed!

	Read the documentation for information on how to enable
external
	commands...

Ok .. I searched in the documentation and I looked into my
configfiles.
But did not get it working.

Can anyone tell me, please, what to do?

	Thnx and regards