Status map/3D Status Map

Kjetil Kvig kjetil at catchcom.com
Tue Oct 29 13:48:20 CET 2002

I am monitoring about 60 routers with the check_ifoperstatus plugin (grabbing the ifDescr value on each port on the router).
About 10 ports on each router is monitored.
So all together i get about 5-600 "elements" that is displayed in Nagios.

1.
I want all these routers placed into a map.
Can i make a regular .jpg/.png image of my country (Norway) and then place all the routers at the specific cities?
The way Nagios places the routers today is just a circle, and all routers around it...if only i could drag the elements out.
Havent looked into the "user specified coordinates" yet, but doesnt this only apply to the whole map? Not each object/element?
Basically...any tips on how to make the map look organized is good..right now it's just a mess.

2.
..the 3D Status Map...
What in the world do i open the statuswrl file in??
And how do i edit it?

Any help with this is much appreciated :)

Regards
Kjetil