Apan Configurations

Fredrik Wänglund Fredrik.Wanglund at datavis.se
Tue Oct 29 08:04:36 CET 2002

I am currently working on an HOWTO section in the docs on Apans homepage.

Here's the short one (assuming tou have installed the files and defined the command):

1) Define a sevice in Nagios with apan as check_command and the plugin-name as first argument;
define service{
host_name                      server
service_description            Ping
check_command                  apan!ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
}

2) Create a RRD_file
rrdtool create /usr/local/nagios/rrd/server_Ping.rrd -s 60 DS:ping:GAUGE:300:0:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:50400 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:60:43800

3) Define the serice in apan.cfg
server;Ping;/usr/local/nagios/rrd/server_ping.rrd;ping;ping:LINE2;Ping round-trip time;Secondsefine the serice in apan.cfg

4) Add a URL and icon to the service
define serviceextinfo{
host_name               server
service_description     Ping
notes_url               /nagios/cgi-bin/apan.cgi?host=server&service=Ping
icon_image              graph.png
}

/FredrikW