nagios can't loggin to PostgreSQL

Ron Koperdraad r.m.koperdraad at wanadoo.nl
Mon Oct 28 21:49:03 CET 2002

 John,

 No I didn't got a aswer on my question, but I found a way to get it
working.
In the directory nagios-1.0b6/xdata/  you have to edit the following files
xcddb.c xdddb.c xeddb.c xrddb.c xsddb.c.

 in these files you will find the following

 char xcddb_host[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="";
char xcddb_username[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="";
char xcddb_password[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="";
char xcddb_database[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="";
int xcddb_port=3306;
int xcddb_optimize_data=TRUE;

 The ip number of my nagios system = 192.168.0.10 and if you check out the
/etc/services file you would see that port 3306 is the port for MySQL for
PostgreSQL  you have to change it to 5432.
The username, password and database are at my system the same (nagios) so I
have changed the .c files as follows

 char xcddb_host[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="192.168.0.10";
char xcddb_username[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="nagios";
char xcddb_password[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="nagios";
char xcddb_database[XCDDB_BUFFER_LENGTH]="nagios";
int xcddb_port=5432;
int xcddb_optimize_data=TRUE;

 recompiled nagios and now it's working fine.

 Regards

 Ron.