no email notifications

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Mon Oct 28 18:40:00 CET 2002

I've got nagios set up and monitoring several systems and services no
problem.  I am not however receiving any notifications over email.  I
can't seem to find any error messages about this on the system.

Since the machine I'm testing nagios on is my personal desktop, I
previously removed sendmail because it simply wasn't needed.  Is this
why no mail notifications are going out?

Thanks,

Jeff

contents of contacts.cfg:

****snip****

# 'jsm' contact definition
define contact{
        contact_name                    jsm
        alias                           Jeff McKeon
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    c,r
        host_notification_options       d,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           jsm at inpro.net
        }

Contents of contactgroup.cfg

# 'admins' contact group definition