check_ntp

Avijit Pathania foulplay at foulplay.org
Mon Oct 28 11:26:50 CET 2002

Folks,

I have been having couple of weird problem ever since I switched to
Nagios 1.0.6b from Netsaint 0.0.7. Using nagios plugins 1.3-beta1.

I used the conversion script provided to convert all netsaint related
files (hosts.cfg, checkcommands.cfg etc). Monitoring three hosts and 32
services.

The issue is specific only to check_ntp service. For some reason I can
execute a check through CLI, but the same service displays critical
state with "No Output" as the $answer in the status.cgi.

i.e: ./check_ntp localhost
OK: Time difference -0.000001 seconds

I have tried playing with the config files, and changing various
options. My $USER1$ is defined.

My second problem is that I am not seeing the respective host images on
statusmap.cgi. The images are located in /netsaint/images/logos.

The above two were not an issue in Netsaint. I would appreciate it if
someone could provide help in this.

Thanks
Avi