[Fwd: simple ping not working.]

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Fri Oct 25 22:31:00 CEST 2002

Mike,

Yes I suppose it would.. my appologies..

RedHat 8.0 system
Nagiosplug-1.3-beta1 (the latest from the cvs as of earlier today)

services.cfg:

--snip--

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       datacenter_PC
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

---snip---

checkcommand.cfg:

--snip--

# 'check_ping' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_ping
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$ -p 5
        }

--snip--

I suspect my problem is here but I can't find any docs on how to correct
this config file for my system.  Instruction I have found for this are
VERY cryptic and basically just say, "this probably won't work, you must
make changes to fit your system...."