Host Time Periods?!?-Suggestions please..

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 17:34:25 CEST 2002

Hi,

The situation I'm trying to aviod is routerA goes down during my (service) Non-notification_period, and I not knowing that routerA is down AFTER the non-notification_period has expired is down without looking at the website.

What I'd really like to do is be able to supress all notifications for a group of hosts(not just services), and if a host happends to goes down during the non-notification_period, I'd like NOT to recieve a notificition, if the host is still down after the non-notification_period I'd like to get a notification...So I'd I'd only get paged if they were still down after the non-notification_period.

My understanding is that if a timeout period is used, no notifications are sent out, and none will be issused unless the host changes state again after the timeout period.

Any suggestions?

Hey, I'm trying to cut down on the number of pages I'm getting during off hours, so I've  setup service_notification_timeperiods, for my services, however I still recieve (can be tons) of pages for the host being down.