ntray (win2k) and nagios

Robert Wagner Robert.Wagner at wausaubenefits.com
Fri Oct 25 16:55:58 CEST 2002

   Ntray is not really a monitoring tool. NTray is used to watch the
'Status Summary' page of your Nagios Web Server and show you what the
overall status of things is.
   I wrote it because our pagers don't get any reception in our building at
work, but I would like an immediate notice that something has gone wrong.
It just puts an icon in your SysTray that changes colors
(Red/Yellow/Green).

   If you're looking to monitor memory/cpu/services/other on your Win2k
systems, I would recommend NSCClient.  This will allow Nagios to poll your
monitored win2k systems for information.

                         Rob Wagner, NTray guy