How to write a custom notification command

Björn Ekengren bjorn.ekengren at itsalive.com
Thu Oct 24 12:57:13 CEST 2002

I would like to write an sms notification command like this:

# 'notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-sms
        command line    /usr/local/smssender $CONTACTPHONE$
"$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ $SERVICEDESC$ $HOSTALIAS$ $HOSTADDRESS$ $SERVICE STATE$
$DATETIME$ $OUTPUT$"
        }

However I have not found any way to define $CONTACTPHONE$. Does this mean
that I have to hardcode the contact phone number and make a separate command
for each user that should be notified ? I guess that I can use
$CONTACTPAGER$ to store the phone number but it looks ugly to me.

Comments, reflections, solutions ?

/Bjorn