Testing for 2k boxes joining the domain

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 10:16:18 CEST 2002

That's the rub, Tom - they have static IPs assigned to them so from an IP
level, to Nagios they appear to be up, the same goes for using smbclient to
attach to the shares as I can't test with smbclient that a machine that is
sharing a directory has joined the domain or not :)

And yes, we had touched on checking a service that depends on joining the
domain successfully, I guess we'll have to do that. Thanks for the
suggestion, we'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
Greg